Alright, so I realize that it has been over a month since I've updated here. In reality, not a lot has really been going on, so I'll try and do a recap. I just finished my last day of medicine call (it's the first time I've ever been happy to hear the words "last call"). It was a Sunday, and there was a Saints game on, so we sat in the hospital for 12 hours without getting any patients before we finally got sent home. So I only have 3 days of work left before this rotation is over! I feel like I've learned a lot, but I've been burning out the last couple of weeks. We've seen some interesting cases, but for the most part its trying to manage the complications of a lot of long term diseases (hypertension, diabetes, heart disease, a lot of AIDS). I start pediatrics a week from Monday, I"m definitely looking forward to that, I think working with kids is definitely more my thing.
In non med school life, the weather is finally getting nice, tonight is actually a bit chilly. I always forget how nice New Orleans weather is once its not summer. Haven't really been up to much aside from work, studying, and trying to hang out with friends when I can. I'm looking forward to next weekend, when I'll finally have 2 days off, in a row! Got to watch the Saints game while I was at work today, kinda wish I didn't. I'm thinking this isn't going to be their season.
Other than that, not much going on here. I'll update soon when I'm done with this rotation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment